Archivist provides standard archiving and compression utilities for use within .NET environments.
Current Support Includes:
* Reading and Extracting of Tar Files
* Creation of Tar Files
* Support for gzip compression/decompression
This is an early alpha release and there are many known limitations concerning tar support:
* No support for ustar headers (they are ignored)
* Does not create tar specified permissions on extract
* Create full tar command support with all options
* Add support for pkzip
I have a great need for archiving functionality in C# and have been unable to use any of the existing C# archiving utilities due to licensing (GPL or commercial). This project is covered under the non-viral MIT license. If you have any specific needs, go to
the issue tracker and open an issue. I'll get to it as soon as I am able. Patches are, of course, welcome; and if you submit consistently good patches, I will very likely ask you to join the project.